Ladies Afternoon

This has got to be one of the most embarrassing (and funny) moments, of my life!

I had been invited to a 'Ladies afternoon' at my nephew's home, by his girlfriend. I wasn't entirely sure what this entailed, but was lead to believe it to be a very civilized afternoon for ladies only....
 with generous servings of tea and CAKE. My nephew's girlfriend is a marvelous baker, so the thought of spending an afternoon eating her homemade cupcakes was enough for me to accept the invitation. 
I WILL DO ANYTHING FOR CAKE!

However I was feeling a little bit anxious...I mean, a lady?! me??!!
I really wasn't sure what to expect. I decided that instead of wearing my usual jeans and comfy top I would at least make an attempt to look like a 'lady'. I took extra time on my makeup and hair and I wore a dress...Yes!! a dress!

As I arrived at the house feeling ever so feminine and ladylike I knocked on the door....my niece answered and smiled at me...She stepped back to admire my appearance before letting me in. 
I could see she was impressed!! 
The time I had taken on my appearance was worth it! 
I was going to fit in amongst all the other 'ladies' just fine. 
She looked me up and down, but seemed to pause as she got to my feet....................and then gasped in horror!!! 
She then burst into laughter...NEVER before have I seen or heard my niece laugh so much and so loudly!!!

I looked down at my feet only to find that my knickers had fallen down and were resting precariously around my ankles!!!! 
Talk about making an entrance!!!!!

The ladies afternoon turned out to be lovely...yummy cakes and girly chats and I had a thoroughly enjoyable time, regardless of the fact that I wasn't wearing any knickers! To pull them back up would have been even more embarrassing, because after my niece's sudden outburst of laughter quite a crowd had gathered in the hallway, so I just quickly stepped out of them and shoved them in my pocket where they remained for the rest of the afternoon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!
Your feedback is much appreciated :)