I got offered a job!

13th September 2013

So yesterday, I go waltzing in the opticians...just being me...a frumpy middle aged, crazy dog woman, with equally crazy hair, wearing jeans with a damp patch, (not because I was excited to see him or anything like that you understand! but because I had sat on a wet towel just before leaving the house....don't ask!) no coat on and wearing sandals even though it was pouring with rain! 
I was in one of those friendly chatty moods where I talked to everyone who looked at me and didn't really care what they thought about me...
And I get offered a job!! 

According to the Optician I was just what they have been looking for. Somewhere in the deep recesses of my old muddled mind, when they were talking to me about my eye test and my visual problems etc, some old memories from back when I worked as an (unqualified!) Dispensing Optician, Receptionist and general dogs body many years ago, came flooding back to me and they were impressed because apparently it was obvious that "I'd had a lot of experience" From what I gather they were offering me a position with the promise of helping me gain the qualifications needed to become a fully qualified Dispensing Optician, whilst working for them...kinda blew me away and scared me a bit, to the point that once this conversation had started all of a sudden I started talking like a muppet and had an overwhelming need to break wind! 

They've suggested I make an appointment to talk to the Practice manager about it......Why do these opportunities only come when you are already happy and settled in what you are doing? 
Where were these people when the only job I could get was as a cleaner??!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wonderful! I too wear sandals unless there is snow on the ground. And you are not crazy just unusual and a wee bit mysterious :-) Be yourself .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment!
Your feedback is much appreciated :)