Some of my poems

Someone is there for you
Finding things easy,
Finding things tough,
Too much sleep or not enough
countless thoughts, an empty mind,
Some people are cruel
others are kind.
feeling tired or wide awake
lots to give or lots to take
an empty heart or rich in love
Take your pick from the words above
However you feel, whoever you are
in someone's life  you're a shining star
Whether you are happy or feeling sad
Feeling peaceful or feeling mad
There's always someone there for you
someone who loves you and all that you do.



The unwanted visitor

 When I wake up in the morning You are frequently there.
 Other times in the day you sneak up unaware.
      You stay for a while, refusing to go
And how to get rid of you, I really don't know.
 You're inside my head and you rattle my mind, 

drain all my strength,You are really unkind! 
You make me feel gloomy and often quite snappy
          You steal  all my smiles...Take away all my happy!
The exit is that way, please leave that way quick!
You're making me queasy, you make me feel sick.
Your unwanted presence just makes me feel ill
oh why haven't the doctors invented a pill
to force you to leave me and never come back
Feels like my whole body is under attack
Dear headache please spare me from a visit today!
     In fact leave me alone! You just get in the way!

~ Julia Turner ~ 

I'm sorry that you're sad

 I'm sorry that you are sad. 
I hate to see you blue    
When you're unhappy and without a smile, 
Then I'm unhappy too.
Things will soon get better
     And you will smile once more
You're stronger than you think you are
    And one thing is for sure
All this will make you stronger
     And life will make you see
how very much you matter
And I don't just mean to me!


The beast beneath the bed! 

At night I hear rustling Underneath my bed,
I hear it as I'm drifting
Into the land of nod.
I hold my breath
And listen hard
And there it goes again!
Is it just the rain and wind
Against my window pane?
But no! It's right beneath me!
It's louder now it seems
I hide beneath the covers,
To muffle out my screams.
When morning comes
And I decide to see what's going on
Beneath my bed's all quiet
The beast it seems is gone.

If you're looking for an answer
If you're looking for an answer
to something on your mind,
and no matter where you look 
a solution you can't find 
if you're looking for direction,
don't know which way to go,
or you're searching for some guidance
there's one thing you should know...
Have faith in your own instincts...
no better place to start..
look deep inside your self, 
and listen to your heart..
the answers lie within us
so trust your inner voice
have faith that it will help you
to make the perfect choice.
~ Julia Turner ~


If You need a shoulder
If you need a shoulder,
If you need a friend,
If you are feeling like
Your troubles will never end. . .
If you are feeling lonely and need to cry,
If you are all mixed up and don't know why. . .
Just call me up, you know I'll be there.
You will feel much better when your problems you share.
 

2 comments:

Please leave a comment!
Your feedback is much appreciated :)