I've still got it!!! (Or have I?)

So I'm sat in the car yesterday, on one of the very rare occasions when the sun came out, so I puts my sunglasses on, they were only cheap, very dark lenses, black frame, but I've gotta admit they did look rather fetching on me.
As we are slowing down at the traffic lights, this guy that's walking past glances at me and then takes a second look at me! He couldn't take his eyes off me! I mean this guy almost stopped dead in his tracks!! So I'm thinking "I've still got it!! Must leave my hair to dry naturally more often, clearly bringing out my wild side looks good on me!"

Needless to say I gave him my best seductive flirty smile and his expression, which I could only interpret at 'Awe struck' broke into a smile! I clearly made his day!!
Sad as it seems this kind of cheered me up a bit, it's not often guys take a second look at me like that.
After about 15 mins or so, and yes, my wild crazy hair had been attracting quite a lot of attention from fellow motorists too! Sarah, my daughter, who is sitting in the back of the car says...
"Mum, what's wrong with your sunglasses?!"
That was when I realised that not only was a wearing them with one lens missing, but that I had been driving round like that for days!! I've more than likely walked the dogs a fair few times wearing them like that too!
And that the guy's 'admiring' stares and open smile were in fact out of sympathy because he thought I was blind in one eye!!
I looked like some kind of demented pirate!
All that was missing was a parrot!!
How can ANYONE possibly wear sunglasses like that for so long and not notice?!!


I often get called a muppet...but even Animal had a full set of lenses!!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!
Your feedback is much appreciated :)