A visit to the doctors.....




Gawd I LOVE being old!!
Went to the docs yesterday, she decided to check my Blood Pressure whilst I was there! 
Although this was totally unrelated to why I actually went, but she seemed to think it was important due to my AGE! (We won't even go into the reason I was actually there! LOL)
Anyway it seems my BP was very high!  So she gives me this form thing and advised me to buy a BP checking machine...already got one but it isn't all that accurate....
I have to record my BP twice a day, fill this form thing in for the next week and take it back to her so that she can work out what my average BP is, before she decides what treatment (if any) to prescribe...
I think she was taking into account that I was obviously that anxious about being there in the first place, that alone would probably send my BP sky high....The doctors is a place I avoid at all costs! Trust me, it takes a hell of a lot for me to make a doctors appointment....Why? Not because I am fit and healthy, but because I am a WUSS!!

Anyway, this checking my BP thing should be simple! Right? I mean, how difficult can that be?!

I've tried to check my BP 68 million times now...The bloody thing either fires itself off my arm and across the room, gets that tight that it's actually left me with a bruise! (Now I think about it maybe I should have turned it off as soon as I started getting pins and needles in my hand!) Or is that loose that it keeps coming up with bloody error messages!! 
I did manage to get one reading and I'm no expert, but I'm guessing that if it was that ridiculously high I wouldn't be here to tell the tale! (Maybe I should go and lie down!)
I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that right at this moment my BP is through the roof!!! 
I give up!!
I'm going to wait until my husband gets home later and let him do it for me! 

As for the results....I will keep you posted!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!
Your feedback is much appreciated :)