Forget the Forties!


I have to say I always dreaded being 50...it sounds so old!!
The thought of all the imminent health issues and constant hospital visits that come with getting older, weight gain, wrinkles, stress incontinence, grey hair, growing a beard, dragging my arse along the floor as I walk, breasts resting on my stomach, terrified me!!

Being 49 was a total nightmare!....My last year in my forties before life started to go rapidly downhill!

However...I have to say I am LOVING IT!
Ok..so I'm overweight and lets forget about having a waistline..I said goodbye to my waist 12 months ago!...I ache in places that I didn't even know I had, not quite the bearded lady yet, but let's just say my tweezers are my new best friend! (Or is that cake?) 
I find myself constantly saying things like "When I was younger...." 
And of course there's the the sudden and unexpected talent of being able to cough, fart and pee all at the same time.
There's one other thing too, but I can't remember what it is.......oh yes! Forgetfulness! That's it!!

And yes, I had my moments in my 40's, there were some wonderful times, but being 50 brings a sort of calmness with it, like an inner peace...a more laid back attitude to life and an ability to appreciate things and people that really matter!
I love myself more and care less what other people think of me.
Impressing other people is no longer important.
I know more! I have lived a lot and learned a lot. I'm not saying I'm wise...just less stupid!
And furthermore I can look forward to being even happier than I am!  That’s because, according to research I’ve been reading, the “mature” neurons in older brains react less intensely to negative experiences while still responding strongly to positive stimuli.

As you grow older you can...
Buy whatever you want!
Eat whenever you want!
Go to sleep whenever you want!
You don't have to listen to anyone!
Have as many animals as you want!
HAVE FREEDOM!!!!!!!!
Grow wiser! 

Life is short and the more you age the faster it goes.  
Don’t waste it on crap you won’t even remember when you’re my age.

A few more added benefits to getting old.....
1. You quit trying to hold your stomach in, no matter who walks into the room....besides mine is now covered up by my boobs, so who would even notice it?
2.Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
3.Your supply of brain cells is finally down to a manageable size.
4.There’s nothing left to learn the hard way....been there, done that, worn the tee-shirt!
5.Happy hour’ for you is a refreshing nap.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment!
Your feedback is much appreciated :)